Impromptu Family Reunion

Home Forums Ask Mr. Kate Impromptu Family Reunion

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Denise Olivares
    Participant

Because of an unfortunately canceled family event, a large amount of my family will be coming to the city from Mexico and California in a month with the expectation of some kind of family get together. To alleviate some of the stress, my cousins and I suggested we turn this opportunity into a family reunion of sorts. We’re a pretty large group (the current head count is at about 65-70) but it seems like we’re going to have a day at Lake Michigan. Trying to figure out how to make an event like this fun for everyone from children to the elderly has proved to be a large undertaking. Do you have any suggestions for fun activities or DIY-able party tips?

Side Note: I’ve worked on big event planning committees and that stress is nothing in comparison to getting 15 people on board with one t-shirt design, ugh!

Mr. Kate
      Keymaster

Hey Denise!!!

Um, FUN!! Even though last minute changes can cause a little bit of a kerfuffle at times, there is nothing better than a big family get together … and in the summer to boot!!

Since your get together will be outside, take inspiration from other traditional summer outdoor activities — then transform it to a big scale! I loved making this big crystal checkers game to play outside (tic tac toe could be a similar option!), and just made a video about DIY lawn games that the whole team got together to play and had so much fun!!!

Since this is a family reunion, and you’ll all be excited to spend time with people you don’t get to see very often, you should definitely make a pretty photo booth backdrop that people can snap lots of pics in front of to take memories of the day home!!

I love this one (below), but you can make something by hanging streamers or lights from trees too!

You got this Denise!! I want to hear all about how the party comes out! And let me know if you have any more questions!

XOXO,
        Kate

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here or register a new account.