Kitchen cabinet colors (no wood allowed)πŸ™€πŸ˜­

Home Forums Ask Mr. Kate Kitchen cabinet colors (no wood allowed)πŸ™€πŸ˜­

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Phoebe Slinkowski
    Participant

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="340"] Floors[/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="340"] Walls[/caption]

Hi mr Kate! I’m so happy you brought back “OMG we bought a house” because I love it so much! Anyways, I’m looking for a cabinet color. Now this should be fairly easy for most people, but in my case it’s so hard. We have earthy green walls throughout the whole downstairs (kitchen, living room, etc.), then we have a cherry floor. These two go together ,I think, very well. But the cabinets need an upgrade, so I am DIY-ing the cabinets. They are laminate so I can’t stand and stain them πŸ™ but I can paint them! I JUST ABSOLUTELY CANNOT FIND A COLOR. We already tried a “cream” color and we hated it so now I’m just completely clueless. Please help!! Lots of love, PhoebeπŸ’“

(The wall color and floors are pictured)

Mr. Kate
      Keymaster

Hey Phoebe!

That’s a really great color combination you have going on! But one thing I notice is that it is very “warm” toned β€” which is probably why you didn’t love the cream, since it has a yellow undertone!

For the cabinets, I would go for a cool white. This will totally freshen up the color combo of the walls and floors, and look amazing with either brass or brushed nickel hardware! Just a little cool tone in there should make a world of difference!

I hope this helps!

XOXO,

Kate

Phoebe Slinkowski
        Participant

Hi again mr Kate one more question regarding the cabinets lol, if forgot to ask what kind of color I should do the countertops that would go with this color scheme? Also, before I got your reply my mom and I were looking at possible cabinet colors that would go and found this one for a possible contender? Idk if it would go or not but it was one we thought may go. It’s a grayish color but I’m still not sure because my Β kitchen doesn’t have any Windows but one. Here are some pics of the kitchen

straight on view

And also from both entry ways

(Btw this is not the same green were painting the walls, the one we have is much lighter in person and as u can see the floors are not down yet eitherπŸ˜πŸ˜›)

much luv, Phoebe

Mr. Kate
          Keymaster

Hey Phoebe!

If you go with that dark grey with the cabinets, I’d say to keep all the other tones and colors going into the space light β€” especially if you only have one window!! Try white quartz countertop which is very durable (like a Caeserstone – they sell at Home Depot etc.) or porcelain slab like we did in OMG We Bought A House!!

Then, a pretty subway tile backsplash with grey grout would be really pretty! And some brushed nickel or brass cabinet pulls!!

Hope this helps!

XO,

Kate

Katherine Vann
            Participant

Your cabinet looks great.. Mix and match colors may look great in your kitchen. Also I found few cabinet ideas online and hope it may give you few useful ideas for cabinet design (http://www.avonlearenovations.com/blog/home-renovations/what-are-the-leading-alternatives-to-kitchen-cabinets/). Β Your progress seems great and hope it’ll look awesome at the end. Don’t forget to share the pics of your kitchen at the end.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here or register a new account.