More lighting help please!

Home Forums Ask Mr. Kate More lighting help please!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

mhm1
    Participant

Hi Mr. Kate!

I love your channel, and it’s helped me to be bolder with my decorating and go for what I really love, so thank you!

I wrote on here to ask about lighting for my living room a couple months ago (http://mrkate.com/forums/topic/recessed-lighting-help/). Decorating is going well, I’ve ordered some furniture that I LOVE, but I’m still so stuck on how to approach the lighting! I have such a hard time imagining what it’ll look like in the room.

I think I’d like something contemporary and modern over the dining table (I like this one, but is it too close to the ceiling?), but I’m not sure how it would work with the lighting in the rest of the room. I also love glass globe pendents (like this), glass flares like this, and geometric pendents like the one from Eva’s minimalist room. I love an eclectic vibe, so I’d like to mix and match, but I don’t want to overdo it and make it look crazy!

I’m also looking for a light fixture for the library, which is kind of a rustic/lodge feel with dark wood, blue grey walls, and a fireplace. The ceilings in that room are only 8 ft tall and I’m desperate to find a fixture that will brighten up the room, but still go with the decorations, and isn’t too tall!

I would love any advice or thoughts anyone has on this!

Thank you so much!

mhm1
      Participant

I also love these branching organic chandeliers (this and this), but I’m worried they’re too big and too fancy for my otherwise casual vibe.

Thanks again!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here or register a new account.