Planning For My Future

Home Forums Ask Mr. Kate Planning For My Future

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

joey
    Keymaster

Hi Kate,
      My name is Eleanor and I am from London. Recently I have had some trouble deciding what to do career wise- I am 14 and in the UK we have to start making decisions now – and thought about going into business or creating a brand for my self or others, something along the lines of what you do! I was wondering if you had any advice for future ‘Mr Kate’s’
      Thank you!
      Eleanor x

joey
      Keymaster

Hi Eleanor!

You’re still so young! I would say cultivate your hobbies. Get really good at something – whether it’s creative, like interior design, making clothes, etc., become an expert in a field by being really knowledgeable in one area, take classes, or whatever you have to do. If business is your passion, write a sample business plan, intern at businesses, etc!

The key is to find something you love doing, get really good at it so people will pay you to do it, and all of a sudden, it’s your job!

Someone told me once that ‘work begets work.’ So just keep plugging away every day. Read books, create, go to museums, etc. Get inspired and experienced and the ideas will come to you and opportunities will arise.

Hope that helps!

Have fun!

xx
        – kate

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here or register a new account.