Semi-formal attire and 7 yr. old party :)

Home Forums Ask Mr. Kate Semi-formal attire and 7 yr. old party :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Prisilla Cope
    Participant

HI!!!!!

I live in S.A., TX (not cold at all in in Dec).

I will be attending a semi-formal attire gala event that will last 3 hours. I have a pair of silver strappy 2 1/2 in. heels…my size is XL…and elastic. LOL! Some advice on attire?? Dress? Slacks? IDK. My hair is thick and mid-back, wavy…..hairstyle ideas?

& my almost 7 year old daughter, Mila 🙂 wants to have a Mr. Kate themed party!!! She is wishing you could come. Her birthday is Dec. 31st!!! (I know you REALLY can’t come) …but that is her birthday wish…maybe a Snapchat birthday greeting from you??? Gosh it still is some time away…but she will probably faint. xoxoxoxoxoxxo

Mr. Kate
      Keymaster

Hey Prisilla!!

Well the good news with the weather is that you have a *ton* of options and don’t need to deal with a coat! I always campaign for people to wear most comfortable and confident in, but I also welcome the opportunity to wear a dress to an event (I mean … #whynot?)

Your shoes sound so cute! To me, silver is a neutral, so you can pair them with any color. Try a solid color dress in a rich seasonal hue like an emerald green, burgundy, or purple. A pretty updo like this braided bun and some burgundy lipstick would be the perfect finishing touch.

As far as Mila, that is seriously the cutest idea!! I cannot wait to see pics!! I’m wishing her a very happy birthday here on the forums and I will try to remembers to wish her a happy birthday on the day!!

XOXO,

Kate

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here or register a new account.