Sewing Machines for beginners

Home Forums Adventures in DIYing Sewing Machines for beginners

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

gracesimmonds
    Participant

Hey Mr. Kate and all the Creative Weirdos reading this!

I’m wanting to take my sewing skills to the next level and get a sewing machine. I’ve never owned one, and you could count the amount of times I’ve used one on two hands.

My question to anyone who has some advice is, what brand/make/model would be the best for a sewing machine novice.

It doesn’t have to have all the fancy bells and whistles, I just want to be able to sew something that won’t take a week to complete ( #handsewinglife 😅 )

Teresa Castaneda
      Participant

Hi Grace, I don’t have a specific machine to recommend. I personally like Singer but there are so many other good brands out there. I would maybe look online or go to a local craft store and ask the people there what they would recommend. I would recommend checking out the craft gemini on youtube for tutorials on sewing projects. She explains everything really well. Good luck!

Audrey Tenorio
        Participant

I am using Brothers sewing machine for years.

Teresa Wiebe
          Participant

I love my Pffaf!   I have had it for 26 years and it’s still going strong!   So worth the dollars spent to not have tension issues etc.  Very easy to use

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here or register a new account.