Shelf styling

Home Forums Ask Mr. Kate Shelf styling

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Holly_Brown96
    Participant

Hi Kate, my dad is letting me decorate his house. Its all looking really good but the one thing im struggling with is styling this shelf i made. The shelf is going to be stained dark brown. The problem ive got is that its quite long, 180cm, so im finding it hard to fill up the space while still not making it look too cluttered. The things i have on it just now are just things i bought to go anywhere in the house, not necessarily this shelf, so they can be swapped and other things can be put there. Im thinking maybe a taller plant on the left side will look better than the smaller one but not really sure about what other ornaments/decorations to put on the shelf. What do you think will look best? Thanks

Holly_Brown96
      Participant

Update: the shelf has now been stained. I still have mo clue how to style it. Please help hahah

Brooke Zimet
        Participant

The stain looks great! Where is this shelf? The location will totally help with style inspiration. The mirror seems small in relation to the blank space on the wall.  It might be fun to play around with the styling on the wall. If you post some more details I will send some thoughts! I’m working on some of my shelving too!

Brooklyn

Holly_Brown96
          Participant

Hi Brooklyn, thanks for your help. The shelf is at the top of the stairs. I agree the mirror looks too small. I feel like if i got a bigger plant or bigger decorations it could work though. Think i may have to buy a bigger mirror though. I want to keep the wall white because the other wall is dark grey and the floors are grey so i think for the room it will look to overpowering with a pattern or something on the wall. I think dark accessories would look good though with rustic/industrial vibes. Just really unsure on how to go about it. So you advice would be great! Good luck with your shelf!

Holly

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here or register a new account.