Something Old, Something New

Home Forums Ask Mr. Kate Something Old, Something New

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Emily Ambrose
    Participant

Hi everyone!

I need help with my bedroom. I want to do some redecorating (not too much; e.g. new bedding), but I feel a little lost. I have dark wood furniture (which isn’t going anywhere) and greyish-blue fluffy carpet (which also isn’t going anywhere), both of which I feel give the room an older look. I am drawn to a more modern design, but I can’t figure out how to do that. I like neutral and monochromatic rooms with pops of color, but I’m not sure that’ll work. I think the carpet might throw off an all grey ensemble (it’s on the grey side, but still definitely blue), and I’m not sure black and white would go well with the dark wood, and I have off-white walls, so I don’t know if white would look good. I’m open to color for sure, just not anything too overwhelming. Does anyone have any ideas on how to give my room a modern twist without looking confused? Also, can anyone make me less confused? I feel like I’m all over the place here.

Thanks,

Emily

Katherine Vann
      Participant

Hey Emily,

When you blend the old and new, you’ll get a cottage look for your home. Here is an article which describes it in a more detailed manner https://www.clerawindows.com/blog/11-tips-to-remodelling-a-home-with-a-cottage-feel/. I really loved this one. Our home is modern and now I wish to give my home this look. You can also try this if interested.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here or register a new account.