SOS UGLY WOOD PANELED BEDROOM

Home Forums Ask Mr. Kate SOS UGLY WOOD PANELED BEDROOM

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

skumar
    Participant

Hi! I am a college student renting out a house with some friends but my room has this interesting wood paneling (knotty pine I believe). Its in great condition so the owners don’t want to paint over it but I need help decorating. I’d say my style is a very simple kind of boho and I love colors/mixing and matching things. I have no idea what kinds of colors or textures go wood paneling so any help would be freaking amazing. I think the room has the potential to be super unique and cozy and eclectic … but i need some help getting there (also i’m a poor lil college student so its all on a budget) PLEASE HELP

Kaitlin Meyer
      Participant

Maybe try some tapestries to cover the wood paneling.

Ava Fall
        Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Does the entire room have wood paneling, or is it just an accent wall? I would say that you should  embrace the wood, and not try to cover it. You could use a neutral color palette and mix textures(faux fur, wood, jute, etc). You don’t want things to get too chaotic, since pine paneling is hard to work with. Also, when on a budget, thrift stores are your best friend.</p>
           Hope this helps!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here or register a new account.