Stumped inspo

Home Forums Ask Mr. Kate Stumped inspo

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Phoebe Slinkowski
    Participant

Pillow room inspiration

Hey mr Kate I’m obsessed with your channel! I’m moving to a new home and I have many DIY projects ahead of me starting with my bedroom! This pillow is my inspiration/partial color palette but I just can’t figure out a wall color and any other accent colors! I’m stumped! I love a boho look and I’m thinking of a pale really muted blue for the walls to bring in the blue in the pillow! I just can’t decide though!! Also, decor wise, I’m thinking some whites, cute throw pillows, teal/blue glass pieces, and a white corner desk! Plz HELP! Lots of luv:-)

Spandana Vajrala
      Participant

Hi Phoebe,

Another Kate’s huge fan here and I would love to hear Kate’s opinion on this, but from my knowledge from Kate’s videos, I think white walls suit this theme since you are looking for a boho inspired theme. Great that you are almost clear about your color palette! So, using them as accent colors carefully, keeping the walls muted with white. That will look much more brighter than filling everything in some color. Looking at the pillow colors, I feel mustard yellow or any yellow shade makes an attractive triad color scheme, especially if you are into bright pops of color. If you like a calm and soothing look, go for a beach theme.

Overall, I would go for something like white walls, ombre curtains with white and one of your accent colors, a big plant, an accent rug, a white comforter set, sheets, throws and pillows that match your color scheme. And yeah, if your budget permits, use sheepskin, bedside table and lamps for a cozy look! DIY a hoola hoop canopy for that whimsical element! I’m not at all an expert but I learnt this by watching lot of Kate’s videos! 🙂 Let’s wait and see what Kate’s take on this is!

Hi Phoebe,

I totally agree with the nice ideas of Spandana. I really like your colors, reminds me to a beach/summer theme! Don´t know if I would add another colour, except from gold/rose gold/silver (something shiny & glittery ^^) because you have a huge selection of blue an pink tones. However your colour ideas are, it looks nice if your main colours show up three differnet times on your decoration accents 🙂

Just a tipp to add. If you are a little like me – and you love to change your arrangements of decoration through the seasons^^: by keeping the walls in neutral colours you have more possibilities that new color palettes on accessoires will fit in, too. Play with different patterns and materials like ropes, wood, shiny steel and of course plants, pillows, blankets, lamps, frames & carpets to bring in difference 😉 for that boho style maybe you can use these towels (pics for inspo below) maybe hanging on a wall or the ceiling…

Hope you will get more inspo 🙂

(@spandana: Love that you say that you learn from Mr. Kates videos, I do it just like that! And for this thank you Kate for taking us with you, while planing and buying all the stuff – helps so much staying creative!!!!! and as you can see, now a lot of us want to help aswell 🙂 )

Spandana Vajrala
        Participant

How can I forget the metallic! I think it will be absolutely gorgeous if there are some gold/rose gold/copper metallic pieces with minimalist design, as @Mademoiselle_escargot suggested!

@Mademoiselle_escargot
          : Thank you for your sweet words! And Thank you Kate, for bringing us all together to discuss anything and everything creative!!

Phoebe Slinkowski
          Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Thanks so much! Appreciate the help</p>

Phoebe Slinkowski
            Participant

Thank you for the pictures too this helps a lot!

Mr. Kate
              Keymaster

Hi Phoebe!

I love your color scheme!! Those colors lend themselves so well to the bohemian vibe, and will definitely make your room stand out! For accents, I think consider textures to support, as well as colors. Dark brown wood or antiqued gold will bring in that around-the-world aspect that is so important in boho design. Also macrame wall hangings (like this DIY one I made for Maya!), Moroccan blankets and pillows, and layered rugs! I designed a boho room in this video, which you can reference for a lot of the points I just wrote about! That room is largely white and neutral, but if you add in colors, the principle design elements stay the same!

Let me know if you have any other questions!!

XOXO,

Kate

Phoebe Slinkowski
                Participant

Thanks Kate!! I’ll check out the video for more inspo!🤗

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here or register a new account.