Style nerves

Home Forums Ask Mr. Kate Style nerves

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Mathew Mitchell
    Participant

Hi Mr kate!

I started watching your videos a few months ago and I cannot stop watching!

I have a question about your style and your confidence. I’m 19(and male) and i love to wear out of the box clothes that usually people wouldn’t wear like chokers for men and lots of bright colours! I get a lot of hate for it and its sort of putting me off.

Your style is incredible and I’m just wondering if you have any tips on how to just throw your care and caution in the wind?!

Love the work you do and I’m aspiring to be as good as you ♡♡

From Matt x

Mr. Kate
      Keymaster

Hey Matt!

Thanks for posting!! I, for one, think your sense of style sounds amazing.

It can be difficult to dress true to your own creative weirdo personality and then trust the world to accept that and not be confused or critical at the lack of conformity. I wish there was a simple way that it is easy, but it’s a matter of time, practice blocking out the questioners, and confidence. You are dressing to make yourself happy, and to express your personality. That is a decision each person makes every day, and no one can tell you that you should dress to make them happy — it’s all about you.

Be stubborn, be inspired, and be yourself. The world needs people who are being, and dressing, and living authentically. Your “out of the box” looks could be the spark that inspires another person questioning if they can be bolder with their style to take that step. Different is scary to those who don’t understand it, but it’s beautiful to everyone who does.

Hoping you keep on slaying your style game —

XOXO,

Mr. Kate & Team

SirMadam
        Participant

Hi, Matt! I was having a quite similar issue, this message really hit home. Throughout this time I learned to surround myself with things I love and fake it till I make it. If people close to you aren’t supportive of the choices you’re making, cut them out of your life. Tell yourself this “I am not a garbage can so I do not need any stinky awful trash in my vicinity. ” And if it’s something you can’t change like coworkers who sit next to you or even someone as close as your siblings/ parents fake it till you make it. If you are confident about something no one will doubt you. As long as people think you are proud and got your claws out you’ll be fine. And if they stare or continue to act the way they’ve been, remember that you are closer to Beyonce. She gets haters and stares too!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here or register a new account.