Summery Sandals

Home Forums Adventures in DIYing Summery Sandals

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Thaline Briers
    Participant

Hi everyone

My name is Thaline and I live in Belgium.For those who don’t know, it is a very small country in Europe where the weather isn’t always that awesome. But it is almost June, the summer is comming up and I wanted some new sandals.

I’m always looking for a pair of funky, flashy and ‘different from all the other’-shoes. But everytime I went shopping, the shoe-collection dissapointed me or the sandals I liked costed like 250 euros (278 dollar) which is way to expensive for a student like me.
      So I thought I’d make my own sandals, because #WhyNot?

I went to a local craft/fabric/accessories-store to have a look around.

I found a pair of gladiator sandals in gold. Gladiator sandals I wear the Double Horn Wrap Around Choker all the time, so the golden horns match the golden sandals perfectly.

Then I searched for some accessories to put on these sandals to make them as funky and flashy as I wanted. I found some pom-poms, pom-pom-thread, tassels  and some golden charms I liked. Pom-pomsPom-pom threadTasselsCharms
      I also bought extra-strong thread and some golden crew-on ‘springs’ where you can attach things to.ThreadSprings to screw-on

Then I started to measure the pom-pom thread, so they fit onto the sides of the sandals, and sew these pieces on.
      I screwed the spring-things onto the laces to attach some tassels.
      I sewed the charms onto the sides as well, and clipped the pom-poms (who had golden rings you can open and close) onto the laces on top of the sandal.

And voila, my summer sandals are as ready as they can be. I can’t wait to wear them with my Mr Kate jewelry and BeautyMarks!SandalsSandals

Thanks for reading!

XOXO

Barbara Parsons
      Participant

AHHH! So fun and cute! great job, I’m in love!!

Lauren Hoeffner
        Participant

Those are so stinkin’ cute! I love all of the bright colors! I’d be rocking those every day. Awesome job!

Mr. Kate
          Keymaster

Ahhhhh hahah OMG this is too funny Thaline because Sofia and I JUST this week shot a DIY video for Pom Pom sandals JUST like these!!! Great minds think alike! I saw some for $300 and was like, duuuuh we need to DIY these! The video will be out in the next couple weeks and the technique we used was very similar to yours with the pom pom trim on the actual sandal part and some coin charms, etc. Too funny! You did SUCH an amazing job! Like seriously they look so pro girl! I really like the color combo and charms you used!

I love love LOOOVE you for posting these and for #whynot – ing your way to a fantastic summer pair of shoes. Props to you girl! And hi to Belgium! I want to go there one day!

Much love and happy summer to you and everyone on this thread! I’ll update this thread with the link to our pom pom sandals when they come out.

xoxoxoxooxoxooo POM POMMSSSSS

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here or register a new account.