TINY Attic Bedroom

Home Forums Ask Mr. Kate TINY Attic Bedroom

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hayley Ayala
    Participant

Hi, Kate!! #happysnappyfam here after your snaps about this Ask Kate forum with perfecting timing.

I. NEED. HELP.

So, my family outgrew our house and I was pushed to the attic. It is not as bad as it looks I promise! It is very short, but I am 5’1 so no complaining here. There are two ends to the attic, but the other side is still under construction. My father “finished” this one side for me in the meantime and eventually will get to the other side. I am cramming all my crap on one side.

[caption id="" align="alignright" width="335"] Tiny Attic Bedroom[/caption]

My vision was white, black, gray and mixed metals. I wouldn’t say I have one preferred style. But my “free spirit” caused this mess. I am decorating this room slowly on a college student budget. I am having a lot of trouble with hiding wires since I have ONE (1) outlet!!!! And my ceilings are toooooo short for a floor lamp. Decorating this short room has been hell. Everything I purchase looks like it was made for giants. I have a rug from Urban Outfitters coming in the mail sometime in Feb. I’m hoping it’ll tie the room in one direction. I really just want functional furniture that’ll fit.

Help a sister out please!!!!! 😩

– Creative Weirdo Hayley from NY
      <p style=”text-align: center;”>INSPO
      </p>

[caption id="" align="alignleft" width="176"] Waiting for this rug[/caption]

Mr. Kate
      Keymaster

Hey Hayley!

Thank you so much for posting and for including all these photos, it helps so much!

I really like where you’re at with your room now. It’s a cute space with good vibes! Loving the rug you chose, too!

I’d say to try looking for midcentury items like a low sideboard. These pieces can be found at flea markets and they tend to be low profile and shorter in height. The style would work well with the inspiration images you posted! Since this is a bigger piece, it would be a great place to tuck those power cords behind.

Bringing in a mirror or two to reflect some areas and the light will help a lot with making the space feel bigger. A hanging plant would also be really cute somewhere where the ceiling angles in to get that bohemian, free spirit vibe. I’m a big fan of pothos plants!

Good luck! Post pics when you’re done!

XOXO,

Kate

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here or register a new account.