Wall Decorating Help!!

Home Forums Ask Mr. Kate Wall Decorating Help!!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Georgia Trewin
    Participant

Hey Mr. Kate!
      I am currently in a rental townhouse and have been here for about 6 months and have been putting off or uninspired on how to decorate my walls.
      Above my bed are 3 picture frames (picture below) that were already in my room that I didn’t know what to replace them with and would love your help in any suggestion(s) of what to put there.
      I like simplistic monochromatic (white, grey & black) style, but like pops of metallics, or colours like a dusty rose, khaki or deep navy blue. I’ve been also trying to incorporate more of nature into my room (as I am from the country but living in a city/town) but I might just buy a few indoor pot plants to help green it up.

Wall 1

On the opposite wall I have a bunch of art prints of female characters from my favourite tv shows or movies that I am gradually collecting but would like a way to have it more organised or pleasantly displayed. If I were to get a bunch of frames I would only be allowed to use velcro to stick them to the wall.

I’m located in Australia so please keep that in mind if you’re suggesting to purchase anything, it might not be available in my country! But please help I want my room to be creative and inspiring!

Mr. Kate
      Keymaster

Hey Georgia!

Thanks for posting! Wall decorating in rentals is always tricky. I really like that you’re inspired by plants … have you considered wall planters with (either faux or real … though faux will be lighter) hanging plants in them? Unlike a shelf, which would definitely require drilling, wall planters could be fastened to the wall with Command products or something similar. I think the cascade of vines down the wall could bring such a vibrant, lived-in feeling to your space!

As for your awesome collection of art, it’s definitely worth getting some frames for them! Unless you’re going for a very minimalist look (which usually only utilizes one piece of art or two) with some washi tape or a photo clip, framing your wall art gives it a more finalized appearance. I have a video about gallery walls that you could use to get inspiration for layout! If you’re still not sold on the framing idea, some photo clips could be cool!

Hope this helps! Best of luck!

XOXO,

Mr. Kate & Team

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here or register a new account.