What colors do I look good in?

Home Forums Ask Mr. Kate What colors do I look good in?

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Spandana Vajrala
    Participant

Dear lovely Kate!

I’m one of your biggest fans, for more than 2 years now. You can call me a loyal subscriber who had watched every single video that you ever posted from the day you lost your wisdom teeth :P. I really love your work and it inspired me a lot.

Coming to my question, how do I know what colors go good on me? I don’t know how many blogs and videos I’ve been going through lately, that explain how to determine your skin tone and what to wear accordingly. I still find it very hard to understand. I never came across visual examples with clear comparison between each kind of undertone and I always wore what I liked. But I’d love to know your opinion on this!

By the way, I’m medium-dark skinned with warm undertones to my knowledge. They say it’s good to wear yellow based colors for such skin tones, but I really like some blues, which they don’t recommend. Do you have any advice on how to choose these colors?

Love,

Maggie

Mr. Kate
      Keymaster

Hey there!!

I know the confusion you’re talking about!! As a blonde, people say we shouldn’t wear yellow, but I love yellow! How do I know which yellows won’t clash with my hair and which ones will make me look like a banana lady!?!

I heard once, and have found that it is true, that pink looks good on everyone. No matter your skin tone, pink is a universally flattering shade. It’s also very in fashion right now, especially baby pink and dusty rose tones (kind of like the color we painted the office!)

Black and white are also universally flattering shades that you simply cannot go wrong with!!

If you’re looking to find new colors that you look good in, it’s all about the experimentation! Go to a clothing store and try on some items in colors you haven’t tried before. There’s no investment, and you could discover your new power color!

But the most important factor is what you feel best in. If a neon shade of blue makes you feel electric and alive, that is absolutely what you should wear! Fashion rules exist to guide people, but there is no rule that absolutely must be abided by!

I hope this helps! Have fun finding some new colors to rock!

XOXO,
        Kate

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here or register a new account.